Monday, October 25, 2010

Dancing in the street in a place that feels like home PART II....

So its been a while since I have posted but this one will be worthwhile! This past weekend I went back to Gardner-Webb for homecoming. It was wonderful lots of fun things went on...I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a while, and my girls of course. This pic is of me, Mason, and Katie Grace...but I also hung out with Micah, Elisa, Jessica, Lauren Shirkey, and others....
I love these girls a ton! I had a great time with them this weekend as I always do. The longer I am friends with them the more I know how blessed I am to have them as my friends. They make me laugh and smile, and some time cry happy tears. After talking to them and finding out what was going on in there lives it makes me happy to see my friends happy and enjoying the college life. They are always a encouragement to me.

I also got to see friends that I started out with when I was a freshman. I always love seeing them it reminds me of all the great memories we had while we were students there. When we all get together it seems like nothing ever changed. He we are on Saturday at the game...can we say GWU Billboard much...

These girls are great! It was great to get to see them this weekend and enjoy each others company and talk about how  our jobs or what's going on in our lives. It's just awesome but also a little weird to be acting like grown ups.

So homecoming....what does it mean?? For me it means returning to see old friends and current friends as well as remenicing about the things we used to do when we were at GWU as well as telling my girls about it so they can experience those things. I love the fact of returning back to some where that feels like home. Some where that is comfortable but just fits. The problem that I always find I have at these things is I want to spend time with my friends I haven't seen in a while but also give most of my time to my girls. Its hard even now to figure out to mesh both together. I had that problem before I graduated on how to mesh the things I took from college with my new graduated life. I guess maybe I am just at a crossroads who knows.

So all thought this title is similar to another post it is also different with things that happened this weekend:
-Danced in the Street
-Ate yummy food
-Watched a moive
-Went to the homecoming dance
- Went to Cook Out
-Went to the football game
Like I said a fun filled weekend...
Anyways I can barely hold my eyes open...so it is oft to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment