Saturday, October 2, 2010

In the South College Football is a religion...

So first I got a call from my sweet Gardner-Webb girls this week. It made my day to hear from them and surprised me when my phone rang. I miss them dearly, but get to see them soon they are always an encouragement to me!! :)
Here is a picture of  KG and Elly while they were talking to me, Mason and Lauren were there too but are not pictured...

In my house and all my life football has been a big part of it...particularly college football. I would dare to say that I went to several games when I was in my mother's womb. My mom also has pictures of me at Clemson games as a toddler and even after my brother was born my Mom has pictures of us at Clemson as kids my brother in his little Clemson onesie and me in my Little Clemson cheerleading outfit. As we got older we would go to the games and even when we weren't there Saturday's in our house were and are generally during college football season...our Saturdays have been consumed with football.Even now for the last couple of Christmas' we got bowl game tickets to see Clemson play in different bowl games.
Here is a recent picture of us at the last one we went to It's the Music City Bowl in Nashville,TN we won.... 
It's just always been apart of my life...even when I was looking at colleges I chose not to go to the first school I looked at because they didn't have a football team my thought was "What do they do on Saturday's if they don't have a football team?" The answer I got was that they went to soccer games...somehow my brain couldn't fathom that. When I did finally choose where I was going to go college I chose Gardner-Webb University...for other reason but one being they had a football team. Most of my college Saturday's in the Fall were spent going to football games to support my team. I made sure I was in the student section there early for the games and try to be on the first or second row with my friends. Now that I have graduated I spend most of my Saturday's watching football with my family or attending Clemson/ Gardner-Webb games. I have always enjoyed the game of football and I get very emotional but I love the game of football...and will continue to do so until I die...as the saying goes:
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.
On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.
In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.
BUT IN THE SOUTH, COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A RELIGION."
 – Marino Casem, Alcorn State University
Until next time here's hoping you are cheering on your team this Saturday and enjoying college football!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment